I’ve started to use my old laptop as our main one is currently broken down, sadly I have forgotten my administrator password on my laptop and can’t access the files originally saved in that computer. Another mistake is that I do not have a password reset disk, or what ever it is called. So I have no idea on how to remove Windows password.
People often tend to forget their Windows login password on a rarely used computer. Imagine that some day you decide to unpack an old computer and find that you are locked out of the computer, and can’t recall the password anymore. That’s so depressing!
Fortunately there is an easy way to remove Windows 7/Vista/XP password if you forgot Windows administrator or user passwords. With Reset Windows Password utility you can remove forgotten Windows password in just a few simple steps.
How to Remove Windows Password:
- Download the self-extracting package of Reset Windows Password utility. Unzip the download file, then burn the ISO image file: ResetWindowsPwd.iso to a CD or USB flash drive.
- Insert the password reset disk into your locked computer. Let the computer to boot from it. To do this you may have to enter into BIOS and set CD or USB as the first boot device.
- It may take a minute for the bootdisk to load some required system files and launch the Reset Windows Password utility.
- On the main screen of Reset Windows Password utility, you can choose the Windows SAM registry hive. The program will display all user accounts inside the SAM database.
- Choose a user account whose password you want to remove, then click Reset Password button to remove your forgotten password.
How to remove Windows 7/Vista/XP password? You have done it! Reset Windows Password utility lets you remove Windows Admin or user password instantly on all versions of Windows in the event that an Administrator’s password is forgotten or lost. You can log on to your computer again without reinstalling Windows.