Quick Ways to Get into Windows If Forgot My Windows Password
"Actually I forgot my Windows password. So, i would like to know how to log into my user account. I neither have any password reset disc nor want to re-install Windows again. Please help. Its urgent."
This would be simple if you have created a Windows password reset disk before you forgot Windows password. Another way of getting into Windows is to recover Windows password using Ophcrack or Cain & Abel, but these free password cracking software are not easy to operate, and may take several hours or a few days to crack your password if it's complicated.
How to access your locked computer if you need to use the computer urgently? Here I'll show some quick ways to help you get into Windows when you forgot Windows password.
Method 1: Reset Windows Password in Safe Mode
On Windows, there is a hidden account named Administrator. Most of the time, this account has no password set. That means that you can start your computer with this account, open the Control Panel to delete or change the password of any users and fix your problem.
Boot your computer and immediately press on the F8 key repeatedly until your computer displays the boot menu.
- With the arrow keys, choose Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
- On the home screen, click on Administrator. If you have no home screen, type Administrator and leave the password field as blank. If you can't log in as you have ever changed the password, please refer to Method 2 to reset your forgotten password.
- Click on the Start menu in the bottom left corner, go in the Control Panel, then in User Accounts you can change any user passwords easily.
Method 2: Reset Windows Password Using Password Reset Software
Comparing with free password cracking software, Windows password resetting software is much more easier and effective. With the Reset Windows Password utility we can instantly reset lost or forgotten passwords on any Windows systems, including both 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
- Download the self-extracting Zip file of Reset Windows Password package.
- Uncompress the package, there is a ISO image: ResetWindowsPwd.iso. Burn it onto a CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Boot your locked computer from the newly burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Wait until the boot process is finished. When a window pops up with all your Windows 8 user accounts, select the target one to reset the password you forgot.
Re-installing Windows is always an option, but we consider it as a last resort. It's recommended to backup all important data and files before formatting your hard drive.