How to bypass Windows password without resetting or changing the current password
Have you forgotten the administrator password and need to login to Windows without changing or deleting the current password? A brute-force attack could be performed to find out your password but that is the most time consuming approach. In this tutorial we'll show you a simple way to quickly break into any Windows computer without changing or cracking the password.
Besides resetting Windows user password, PCUnlocker also allows you to bypass Windows password through temporarily changing the Windows kernel on the fly. It then allows you to enter anything as the password during login. The whole procedure don't actually make any permanent changes to your system files.
1Create A PCUnlocker Live CD or USB Drive
- Download the full version of PCUnlocker via the link included in your order confirmation email. Unzip the downloaded file (self-extracting archive) and you'll get the pcunlocker.iso file.
- Download and install the free burning program ISO2Disc.
Launch the ISO2Disc program. Click on Browse button to locate the PCUnlocker ISO image (pcunlocker.iso), then click on Start Burn to make a PCUnlocker Live CD (or USB drive).
2Boot from PCUnlocker Live CD or USB Drive
- Insert the PCUnlocker Live CD or USB drive into your locked computer, then turn on or reboot your computer. When it is powered on, check the boot-screen for setup key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) to enter BIOS Setup Utility.
Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab, then change the Boot Device Priority: Set 1st Boot Device to CD/DVD-ROM if you've created a bootable CD, or set 1st Boot Device to Removable Device if you want to boot from PCUnlocker Live USB drive.
- Press F10 to save your changes. Now your computer will try to boot from CD or USB flash drive. If you still can't get your computer to boot from the CD/USB drive, please refer to this boot up troubleshooting guide.
3Bypass Windows Admin/User Password
- After booting from the CD or USB flash drive, the computer will load the WinPE operating system and then start the PCUnlocker utility.
The program detects the SAM registry files for all valid Windows installations on your hard drive, and lists your Windows accounts. For dual-boot or multi-boot computer, make sure you choose the SAM file corresponding to the Windows installation where the password is to be bypassed.
To proceed with password bypassing instead of resetting a password, click on the Options button and then select Bypass Windows Password from the drop-down list.
When the confirmation dialog pops up, click OK to proceed.
The program is ready to bypass the Windows password authentication. Click OK and reboot the computer. Remove the USB drive or disc so the computer will boot from your hard drive.
- When you come to the Windows login screen, simply type anything in the password box and you're in! The next time you start the computer, the original password will be back, the temporary changes will be discarded and the system will behave as if nothing has happened.
With PCUnlocker you can quickly bypass local/Microsoft account passwords on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP and Windows Server 2012/2008/2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit). No need to recover or reset the password at all when your Windows password is lost or forgotten.