Forgot Windows XP Password? How to Change It?
"I forgot Windows XP password on a laptop I haven't used for a long time. Now I can't get into the system and the built-in administrator account is disabled so I can't also logon from Safe Mode. How to change Windows XP password? I will be thankful that if you give me the idea."
Forgot Windows XP password and can't login with other user accounts on your computer? This could cause big trouble if you need to use the computer urgently. With Reset Windows Password utility you can change the forgotten Windows admin and user passwords easily. Instantly log back in to your computer without any hassle. Just follow the step-by-step guide below.
1Create a Windows XP Password Reset Disk
- Download and save the Reset Windows Password self-extracting Zip file to a folder on your hard drive, then extract the ISO image file: ResetWindowsPwd.iso from it.
- Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive on your computer.
- Download and install the ISO2Disc utility, launch the program.
Click the Browse button to locate your ISO image file, then click the Start Burn button to burn the ISO image to your CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
2Change BIOS Settings
- Boot your Windows XP computer. When it is powered on, check the boot-screen for setup key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) to enter BIOS Setup Utility.
Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab, then change the Boot Device Priority: Set 1st Boot Device to CDROM if you just created a bootable CD or DVD, or set 1st Boot Device to Removable Device if a bootable USB flash drive was created.
- Press F10 to save your changes. Now your computer is able to boot from CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3Change Forgotten Windows XP Password
- Insert the newly burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive to your Windows XP computer, then reboot your computer.
Now the computer will boot from the password reset disk. Wait until the boot process is finished, you'll see the main window of Reset Windows Password utility.
- Select a user account from the list, then click the Reset Password button. The program will instantly reset Windows XP password and set the password blank.
- Click the Restart button to reboot the computer, you can then login with a blank password.
Reset Windows Password is a straightforward utility that even the most novice of computer users can use it to change forgotten Windows XP password. No need to reinstall Windows XP and all other programs that were installed on the computer, if you forgot Windows XP password.