How to Reset Windows Password
If you have lost Windows administrator password and are unable to log in to the computer, then you need to reset your Widows password. This can be achieved by booting the computer from our Reset Windows Password CD or USB flash drive. Reset your forgotten Windows password easily and instantly.
Reset Windows Password is an easy-to-use bootable utility, with a graphical interface. You can use it to easily reset Windows login password by following the below simple steps.
1Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive
- Download the full version of Reset Windows Password utility via the link included in your order confirmation email. Unzip the download file (self-extracting archive) and you'll get the ResetWindowsPwd.iso file.
- Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive on your computer.
- Download and install the ISO2Disc utility, launch the program.
Click the Browse button to locate your ISO image file, then click the Start Burn button to burn the ISO image to your CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
2Change BIOS Settings
- Boot your locked computer. When it is powered on, check the boot-screen for setup key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) to enter BIOS Setup Utility.
Use the arrow keys to select the BOOT tab, then change the Boot Device Priority: Set 1st Boot Device to CDROM if you just created a bootable CD or DVD, or set 1st Boot Device to Removable Device if a bootable USB flash drive was created.
- Press F10 to save your changes. Now your computer is able to boot from CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3Reset Windows Admin/User Password
- Insert the newly burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive to your locked computer, then reboot your computer.
Then you will see Reset Windows Password is initializing.
Simply select your Windows SAM registry hive if multiple operating systems have been installed on the computer, the program will list all Windows user accounts. Select a user account from the list, then click the Reset button to reset the password to blank.
- Click the Restart button to reboot the computer, you are able to log into your computer without a password.
In addition, Reset Windows Password also enables you to reset forgotten domain administrator password for Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Active Directory servers.