I got a HP tablet PC that has Windows XP Tablet PC Edition on it. I have forgotten the admin password and can’t log back into Windows. How can I remove or reset the lost password?
Forgot the login password for your Windows XP Tablet PC? Nothing to panic! This article will show you an easy way to reset Windows admin/user passwords in Windows XP Table PC if you forgot the password. Instantly regain access to your Tablet PC without erasing any data on your hard drive.
How to Reset Lost Password in Windows XP Tablet PC?
This guide involves burning a Live CD or USB stick (or SD Card) on another computer, and then boot up your Windows XP Tablet PC with the Live CD/USB so you can reset the lost login password offline.
- Download the Reset Windows Password utility. Unzip the download file, you’ll see the ISO image file: ResetWindowsPwd.iso.
- Burn that ISO image to a blank CD or USB stick with ISO2Disc tool.
- Insert the CD or USB stick you’ve just created into your Windows XP Tablet PC.
- Boot your Tablet PC from the CD or USB stick, it will load the operating system inside the CD or USB stick, and launch the Reset Windows Password utility.
- From the screen of Reset Windows Password utility, you can see the Windows SAM registry hives detected on your hard drive. Choose one of your Windows SAM registry hives from the drop-down list, the program will show a list of Windows user accounts for your Windows XP Tablet PC.
- Select your desired user account and then click Reset Password button. It will remove your forgotten Windows password immediately.
Remove the CD or USB stick and reboot from hard drive, you can then log in to Windows XP Tablet PC with a blank password. If your Tablet PC don’t come with CD drive, you can use a SD card or data stick instead to go through the steps of resetting Windows XP Tablet PC password.