Have you forgot your Windows server 2003 password and ended up locking yourself out of your PC? Or perhaps the previous system admin has left without leaving the server password? Well, then this article is for you! In this article you’ll find detailed instructions for you to crack Windows server 2003 password quickly and easily!
How to Crack Windows Server 2003 Password?
All you need to do is to create a Live CD which contains password cracking utility on another computer you can login, then bring the Live CD to boot up your server that you need to crack a password on. It allows you to crack both local administrator password and domain administrator password on your Windows Server 2003. These instructions are written assuming a bootable CD is being used, but are essentially the same for a bootable USB flash drive.
- Download the bootable disk’s image of Reset Windows Password utility, it comes in a .ZIP file. Unzip the download file and you’ll get the ISO image file: ResetWindowsPwd.iso.
- Burn the ISO image on a new CD use your favorite burning software (If you don’t have one, I recommend you use ISO2Disc.) Once the CD is burned successfully, unplug the Live CD from the computer.
- Insert the Live CD into your locked computer with a forgotten Windows Server 2003 password. Set the computer BIOS to boot with CD drive as first boot device. After booting from the CD, the computer will load the Windows PE operating system inside the CD drive and open up the Reset Windows Password utility.
- Select your Windows SAM registry hive from the drop-down list. The program will perform a complete analysis of the SAM file and display a list of Windows local user accounts inside it. If you’re going to crack the domain admin/user password, click on the “Reset Active Directory Password” option, the program will show you all domain user accounts on your server.
- Choose the user account whose password needs to be cracked, and click on “Reset Password” button. It will crack/remove your lost or forgotten password instantly.
- Remove the CD and re-boot the system and you should now be able to log on Windows Server 2003 immediately.
The Live CD could also be used to crack lost or forgotten admin/user password on Windows Server 2012/2008/2000. This is probably the most effective, simple piece of software that you have seen around.